Good Things

 Following bunny prints for prizes
 Quiet walks in the woods
 SLOW tractor rides with Papa
 Hunting dinosaur eggs
 Chasing bubbles
Popcorn and a good movie

April 22
The house is silent again, as all the little footsteps have headed to their homes. Most of the toys have found their way back into the closets or up to the loft.  My heart tugged as I put away the Winnie the Pooh plates,  Hello Kitty flatware and Nalgene water bottles.  Oh, no! We forgot to make the homemade play dough and I never finished the matching Peter Pan costumes.
I received so much joy in coming up with fun activities for our grandchildren.  Today Matthew 7:11 came to mind.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 

As I go through grandmother withdraws this week, I hope this verse will come to mind and I will spend a large amount of time in prayer, asking God for the good gifts of wisdom, understanding, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.   Shoot, instead of filling plastic eggs at snack time this past week with marshmallow chicks, goldfish, raisins, pretzels and cheerios, I should have put in prayers for the fruit of the Spirit for our grandchildren.

Praying for those things now!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?