Serve With Love

Our grandson hitting the courts!
April 5-6
Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, 
not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way.
Romans 14:13

Serving, "Love-Love". Growing up as a competitive tennis player, I never did figure out the sense in the scoring of that game.  Love, fifteen, thirty, forty? Wikeapedia has several interesting theories worth checking out, if you are curious
.
The latest chapter I studied in John Bevere's book, takes a look at Christ's attitude as he came to earth to serve.  Bevere's writes of these light bulb key differences between a slave's attitude and a servant's.
(Funny, I'm thinking back to yard and household chores, which mount up this time of year, and I see myself needing a little attitude adjustment.  I don't have to pull those weeds, I'm blessed to have a yard where I get too.  I'm not only going to wash all the windows, I'm going to clean all the outdoor globes on the landscaping lights too, because I am so blessed to have a house!  And while I do all my chores, I will put on praise music and praise the Lord for the time I get to spend with him while doing these things.

A slave has to-a servant gets to.
A slave does the minimum requirement-a servant reaches for maximum potential.
A slave goes one mile-a servant goes the extra mile.
A slave feels robbed-a servant gives.
A slave fights for his rights-a servant lays down his rights  

The Bible has some excellent input on serving.  Let's read up!

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despite the other.  You cannot serve both God and money.   Luke 16:13  

…the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.
Luke 22:26

Whoever serves me must follow me and where I am, my servant also will be.  My Father will honor the one who serves me.  John 12:26

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.  Galatians 5:13

This biggie is the meat of the matter when we come to the cross. It's a gold nugget to put in our memory banks.
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:  Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.  And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-even death on a cross!  Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of  Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledged that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 
Philippians 2:5-11

Let's Pray:
Lord, the "To Do" lists are long this time of year. Please remind us to have our service to You and your  purposes at the top.  May we be found faithful to "spring" into action serving You with joy!  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?