Warning



June 21-22
Kayaking back into one of my favorite spots Thursday, I was startled by an incessant chirping/squawking noise.  I didn't know if a bunch of squirrels were stirred up or if birds were balking at one another. Paddling closer, I spotted a black cat meandering beneath the trees and realized the brouhaha was being produced by birds warning one another of a pending attack.

This devotional thought came to me…Do we warn one another to be on the alert when we see them teetering towards temptation and danger?  I floated around awhile and watched until that ole cat finally wandered off.  He was definitely outnumbered and probably a bit unnerved by my presence.

I am writing this not to shame you, but to warn you as my dear children. 
I Corinthians 4:14

To have a friend whom you know, trust and love, to the point of welcoming their warning, is a treasure.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?