Laughter is Good

I love the little rural community in which we live and yesterday after slicing my finger open, I was thankful that we have an urgent care facility right here.
After receiving a tetnus shot from the nurse, the doctor came in to discuss possible repair possibilities for my index finger, which was cut in a tough to heal spot.
The glue option appealed to me much more than the stitch option.  The physician explained if I went with that option the finger would need to be stabilized and instead of an orthopedic splint he'd had success with a paper clip splint which allowed you to put a plastic glove over it for

showering and other activities involving water.  That sounded good to me, but it never crossed my mind it was an actual paper clip.  The friend who had driven me to the doctor laughed and laughed with me that only in Moneta would we get a paper clip splint!
At one point he was compressing the finger trying to stop the bleeding and said, "Now we are going to hold hands for a while." I said, "Well, I'm open to praying if you'd like to."

He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.  Job 8:21

She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.   Proverbs 31:25

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?