A Foursome

September 25
I took a challenge from my spiritual discipline group yesterday to listen to a chapter from the Bible a day, for the next week. Max McLean's voice,  on www.Biblegateway.com , makes that easy to do. Since I'm currently studying Thessalonians,  the time appropriate choice was to apply this commitment to those two books of the Bible.
Delving into chapter 1 I took verses 2-4 and upped the challenge a bit.  I committed to do these four things in relationship to my sisters loved by God in this group.

1) Always thank God for all of them
2) Continually mentioning them in my prayers
3) Remember….their work produced by faith and their labor prompted by love
4) Encourage them to endure with hope for the sake of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.  We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.   1 Thessalonians 1:2-4 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?