Affectionately Desired

We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us.
1 John 4:16

September 23
Beth Moore, in her study Children of the Day, states: "You can't call yourself unwanted."
In the third session of this study she goes into six important maternal and paternal parenting qualities God exhibits over us.  The second one is my favorite.  We are affectionately desired  by God.  God loves us and desires a relationship with us.

Moore went on to describe Jesus waiting in our bedroom for us to get up each morning and take note of  his presence.  Wake up, wake up. I'm here, talk to me!

Makes me think of baby sitting a few weeks ago for our 3 and 5 year old grandchildren, who are early risers. One morning, at 5:15, I heard their little feet pitter patter into the room where I was sleeping.  My eyes were NOT ready to open, so I laid there thinking they might wander back to their room, but instead I felt little fingers gently poking in my back…"Mama Boo, Mama Boo, it's time to get up!"

Before you rolled out this morning, did you say, "Jesus, I'm here! What's up for today?"

Here's a fun thought…read Micah 7:18

Who is a God like you, 
who pardons sins and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever, but delight to show mercy. 

There are some of us who might want to say…Lord, have mercy and let me sleep in today!  :-)
Get up and run into the arms and activities of one who loves you perfectly.

When you are feeling blue just remember you are AFFECTIONATELY DESIRED.
It might make you blush instead of blue!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?