One Up



September 9
Having been an elementary school teacher and a mom, I've heard many a braggadocios statement…
"I'm faster than you!  May ball went further than yours! I scored more than you!  I got an 'A' and you only got a 'B'."  Babysitting one night, I heard such a comment and instead of the normal reprimand of "That's not very nice." I posed this question.  "Do you think Jesus ever said to the disciples, "WOW!  I caught a lot more fish tonight than you did."  A contemplative, "No," was the reply.  My follow up, "We should all try to be more like Jesus."

May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus.  Romans 15:5  


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?