Would You Rather..


September 2
Lately, I've been playing Would you rather? with our five year old grandson.
The first two options yesterday were…Would you rather be thrown into a pool of trash cans or a pool of alcohol?  I inquired as to what kind of alcohol, stating that wine can really stain.  He clarified it was the kind in the doctor's office that stings!  :-)  

Right back at him, I tossed the options of sitting in a bathtub of marshmallows or one of cole slaw?  He needed clarification on the cole slaw!  Marshmallows quickly won out!

On August 25th I read Psalm 25 and almost every day since, I have gone back to read these words again.  I'd rather pour God's Word over myself than pour myself into a good novel.

In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.
I trust in you, do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, 
but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause.
Show me your ways, Lord teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me for you are God my Savior 
and my hope is in you all day long.  
Remember, Lord, your great mercy and love for they are from of old. Ps. 25:1-5

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?