Anticipation





October 7
Anticipate: a feeling of excitement about something that is going to happen; the act of preparing for something.

In an attempt to clear up some space on my laptop, I was scrolling through my photos trying to part with a few and this took me back through the seasons at Shiloh. Currently, I'm anticipating the colors of fall!  Winter doesn't bring on quite the same excitement for me. Although, I do long for a huge snow storm and school to be cancelled, affording my hubby the opportunity to be stuck here with me sipping hot chocolate by a warm fire.

 I've reached the age where I anticipate the eternal season of life in heaven with equal enthusiasm and the coming of the Lord a whole lot more than 4th of July Fireworks!

Read 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15  and be filled with joyful anticipation.

Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.  For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.  According to the Lord's word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not preceded those who have fallen asleep.  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?