I Sinned Today


October 29
I sinned yesterday.  It was an act of willful disobedience and God gave me multiple opportunities to stop. The interesting thing is I saw how easily it could lead to bigger issues. We've dealt with it and He has forgiven me, but I'm so sad I succumbed to the temptation.  (No, it wasn't eating sweets, but I sure was tempted to turn to food for comfort after the failure.)

God is in the midst of teaching me something huge or maybe asking me to do something huge.  My husband feels it too.  Wanting to be outside, while I wrote, this I went to get an Internet adaptor (that's my made up name for it, may be called something else).  Opening the drawer to find it, staring me in the face was my copy of Streams in the Desert, which a daily devotional reader gave me.  I knew before I opened it there was going to be a message waiting for me.  Turning to October 28, I felt God's arms around me as I read Ephesians 2:4-6…
Because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions…And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Brothers and sisters, it doesn't get better than that.  Jesus came for sinner! I'm so thankful we connected.
I love you Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?