Stay Willing, Flexible and Teachable


October 20
Stay willing, flexible and teachable were goals set in Beth  Moore's study Children of the Day,  as she taught on the equipping of the Spirit.  That all sounded good, then I asked myself what does that look like in reality.

Am I willing to go anywhere God calls me to go or love anyone God calls me to love?
(Oh, wait, He calls me to love everybody doesn't he.)

Remember when the man with leprosy asked Jesus if he was willing to heal him?  What will our response be to Jesus when he asks us if we are willing...?

Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said.  "Be clean!" Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.  Matthew 8:3

Am I flexible, which means willing to shift gears from my plans to His?
Do I have patience and adhere to His teachings where the first shall be last.  
(Our grandson confessed that made no sense to him.)
Does my flexibility allow me to not "have it my way" and be (here's that word again) willing to do it someone else's way.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way.   Isaiah 53:6

Am I teachable?   Can God, my grandchildren or my fellow believers teach an old dog new tricks.
Do I love learning from God's Word?

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.  Psalm 25:4

May these words of my mouth and this meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?