Pleasing to God

November 1-2
One of my girlfriends, challenges me to think deep and back up my thoughts with scripture. When she asks me what I think, I know she really wants to hear what God thinks and I hope if I ever give my personal opinion, she will set me back on the right track to digging in the Word. A couple weeks ago, we had one of our going deep conversations related to moral issues and sin. We had already agreed, sin is sin, not on a point scale in God's eyes.  God hates all sin.
Pertaining to one specific situation, where several people she loves deeply are struggling, the thought came to me…"Would you say they are living a life pleasing to God?"

Last Sunday our pastor preached a powerful sermon on Matthew 7:13-14
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The sermon outline, listed three areas where we falter and fall short of living a life pleasing to God.
#1 I have fallen into the trap of being a PEOPLE PLEASER.
#2 I spend my life pursuing PERSONAL HAPPINESS
#3 I live like this LIFE is all I have.

If you want to tune into a great message chocked full of thought provoking statements go to:
http://www.franklinheights.org/sermons
Unfortunately, it appears to take a few weeks for past sermons to appear, so 10/26/2014 is not available  yet.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?