I'm in Charge


December 2
It was Day 1 of my Advent adventure, not even 10 o'clock, and my mind was off and wandering. The invitations and opportunities of Christmas began to roll in and I'd opened my calendar to start the scheduling. The voice was very, very familiar…authoritative, but full of love…the message..
"Remember, I am in charge."
How quickly our minds shift into "take charge" mode and we make plans without praying. I journaled:
Show me what is of eternal value, Father.  
Show me where you have made the path straight and the hearts tender.
Don't let me miss a moment of what You have planned for this advent season.

Then today I moved on to John Piper's Day 2 and I am blown away by the first words my eyes absorbed .
"God owns and controls all things."  
Don't even try telling me there is no God, or that he isn't omnipresent and aware of our every thought.  He is the REAL DEAL!

How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and 
do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
John 5:44
Check out December 2 in The Dawning of Indestructible Joy (link below) and be challenged by John Piper's 4 steps to prepare your heart to receive Christ for who he really is.

http://cdn.desiringgod.org/website_uploads/documents/books/the-dawning-of-indestructible-joy.pdf?1414777983

Lord, holy, holy, holy are you!  You hold all things together and you have purpose in your plans.  Help us to remember Your ways are best and to relinquish control to you.  May we be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry (James 1:19), trusting in You to make our paths straight and guide us to correct decisions.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?