Triggers

December 19
Sorry, I am tardy this morning.  I put pomegranate seeds and setting the table before Jesus this morning.
It all started when I went in the kitchen for a glass of water and got side tracked for 2 hours.  Me oh my, that is easy to do this time of year.  Forgive me Lord.
Picking out pomegranate seeds gives great opportunity for pondering.  As I was trying a soaking technique a friend just told me about to make this pomegranate process easier, I realized I will never see a pomegranate again that I don't pray for her.  
Looking around my kitchen I realized there are triggers that set my mind a praying for specific people.
The clay hand was made by our children's art teacher years ago, she still gets lots of prayers.  The Grandma ornament flies over my kitchen sink and is a gift from a cherished friend, who is like a mother to me.  The golf ball sits on the sink. It came flying across the road one day where I was walking.  I pray a lot for that lady's golf game! The clay bowl the ball sits in was made for me by the daughter of one of my closest friends, so I pray for them daily.
Years, ago I made an attempt to see that in every room in our house there was something that triggered my thoughts (and hopefully others') about Jesus.
At this holiday season, which brings with it memories and longings, may our greatest longing be to be with Jesus and our most cherished memory be of the sacrifice he made for us.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?