Where Are You?

I know where you are girlfriend!

December 10
Oh how I wish we could all sit around the tree together each evening and share a cup of hot chocolate with lots of fresh whipped cream and share what God is teaching us during this Advent season.  I'm so ready to see Jesus!


"Where is He who has been King of the Jews?
For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him."
Matthew 2:2


The phrase "Where is He?"  called out the following challenges to me…
Are we seeking Him everyday with the same expectancy of the magi?
Are we equally excited to see others find Him?

Having a blue moment last week, I was sitting in the grocery store parking lot listening to a voice message from a neighbor.  That week I had allowed my feelings to be hurt by someone and I wasn't totally giving the feelings to Jesus.  God knew my hurt though.  Somehow, I hit an old voicemail message and the voice of my soul sister, who died two years ago, came on the phone.  For a moment I thought she was in the car with me, as the phone was tuned into the car's sound system.  The voice enthusiastically said, "Where are you?!!!" (My first reaction was that I was heading to heaven and she was the welcoming committee.)
A few years earlier, she had left this enthusiastic message, because she had good news to share. Her daughter was finally pregnant after fertility struggles.  In my friend's voice was such a longing to be in contact with me.

That voicemail was a precious gift and blessing from God which lifted my spirits, but it also caused contemplation.
Am I that exited to share the Good News of Christ with others?
Do I regularly call out to my best friend, Jesus, and ask, "Where are you, I've got to tell you something!"  He is always right there.  No need for voice messages with Jesus.

If you can get your hands on an Advent Book by John Piper called Good News of Great Joy, take time to read the December 8th's entry, Bethlehem's Supernatural Star.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?