Dear John 1-Come and See

Youngest granddaughter.
January with John
John, Jesus' beloved disciple, wrote this book for everyone who wants to understand who Jesus really is. I"m studying this book using The Grandmother's Bible.  My hope is in each chapter to take a deeper look at the proclamation of who Christ is, the way he loves others, and to pray daily for the Holy Spirit to help me imitate that love, especially with my children and grandchildren.  When we stay connected to Christ and believe in the power of the Holy Spirit, we can display unlimited and unconditional love as he does.

Chapter 1 Truths I want to absorb.
V.1       In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God.
V. 10    He was in the world and though the world was made through him, the world did not receive            
            him.      
V. 12   Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become 
            children of God.
V.14     The world became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory    
            of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
V. 23   John the Baptist said, Make straight the way for the Lord."
V. 29   Look the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
V. 46   Come and see…

Father, how majestic is your name!  How thrilling to know that You have always been, yet mind boggling to grasp all that you have created.  I enter this New Year wanting to know more about Jesus. John loved him at as great a depth as any other human, so I want to dig into his book.  Fill me with the Holy Spirit and place me in these days ahead where I can say to others…Come and see Jesus. May each of my children and grandchildren comprehend that Jesus is God in the flesh and if they have not already, may they receive Him and accept the right to become children of God.  Thank You for coming as Jesus to this earth and dwelling among us and through Christ exhibiting a life full of grace and truth. A life, which would ultimately die to take away our sins.  Make these truths to dwell deeply in my heart and mind and bring them to remembrance in the times You want them spoken to others.  John the Baptist cared more about his obedience to You and his love for who Jesus is than what others thought of him.  I want to live a life like that. A life that makes straight the path for others to see the Lord, for I have read, I have seen, I have heard and I have experienced Your love and know you want that for others.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?