Dear John 14 -Survival Skills

Our daughter, Princess Jiewon, at her 30th birthday party.

January 14
Ok, we won't get off lightly in this chapter.  My life survival skills are in here!  I think the Book of John should be required reading for life!  When we are born, a copy should come out with us.

I thank God for my mother teaching me this verse. She had many troubles, as we all do, but she knew where she was going and wanted others to know.  These words from Jesus gave her spiritual sustenance and were read at her funeral.
"Do not let her your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in me.
My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going
there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back
and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
John 14:1-3 

The bottom line, which is our resolve for Romans 3:23 is found in John 14:6…
Jesus answer, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me."

The comfort and provision…
"If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever-the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.  John 14:15-18

God, we praise you our Father, treasure the gift and example of your Son, and find comfort and daily direction from the Holy Spirit.  Hallelujah, for the Trinity. The Three in One!  In Jesus' Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?