Dear John 17 - What Are You Living For?

 A fun throw back from when our kids were young.

January 17
Whoa!  Hold your horses Holy Spirit.  That title may not be one I want to face today.   As a little girl, did I sing, "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage?" That came true, but instead six babies appeared in eight years.
Ugh, I think back to how wrong I had it, all those years ago.  Running off and getting married, while still in college, and having that marriage dissolved in 3 months. Getting my dream job at the BEST elementary school (yes, my classroom got moved to a trailer, because the school became too crowded), then buying the kool car (A Datsun 280z to be exact. Those cars didn't last on the cool list.), owning a really fab townhouse in a neat neighborhood and then traveling through Europe and even cruising the Greek islands.  (I was robbed before I even left the US.)  No doubt about it, even with Jesus in my heart, I was living for ME and it wasn't a pretty picture.

Jesus, being God in the flesh, knew his purpose here on earth. He was living to die for us.
If you go to John 17 in The Message translation you will read a beautiful reflection of Christ's life.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?