John 10

Our spiritual walks make me think about the paper white (narcissus) process I've been watching the past 6 weeks.  That hard bulb was placed in a bowl. Water was introduced and roots came forth, then some life sprang forth. The growth was slow at first, but then they blooming was glorious.

The life cycle is an interesting study.  We are birthed.  We start to bloom and blossom.  Sticking with the "b" theme I'm tempted to say…We bottom out or kick the bucket, but let's go with breathe no more!
The journal I am using, to record my thoughts on John, asks that the writer record and memorize
John 3:30 at this point…

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Each day we walk with Jesus it makes it easier to die to self and live for the Lord.

My John Chapter 10 thought comes from verses 14-16.   I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep.  I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

What a creative way for Jesus to explain to his Jewish followers that the Gentiles (not of this sheep pen) would be welcomed into the body of Christ.   Who is it we maybe see as outside our pen of life and we are not wanting to invite them in and share with them the love of Christ?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?