Salt-Seasoning

Let me tell you why you are here. 
You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth.  
If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? 
You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
Matthew 5:13, The Message
January 27
Just reading the word "salt" tempts me to go find a caramel with sea salt!  Yum.
One of our daughter in law's taught our grandson, when he was younger, to say, "Tasty!" when he liked a particular food.  I still do it to this day!
When I read this passage in the Message I asked myself: Does my life in Christ entice others to taste my faith?  We are called to be salt and light for Jesus.

A life for Christ is a tough platform this day and time.  I came across a noteworthy thought I jotted down, but didn't put down the author…sorry.

"It's from our time spent with the Lord that we understand how to spend our time with people.  Inviting the world into our world requires trust.  When we take our world into the world, it requires radical trust."

Sprinkle salt today; knowing some people will spit you out and that's ok.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?