The State of Our Nation



January 23
…being continued.
Me oh my! Maybe too much quiet time.
Not sure if I shared that I started reading through the Bible in a year. A friend recommended The Daily Bible in Chronological Order 365 Daily Readings, by F. LaGard Smith. It is awesome!  Don't order in large print as I did though. It's a workout to lift it off my bedside table!

My husband and I often get into "The State of our Nation" discussions.  These usually end in frustration, when they should end in prayer.  The frustration births out of the "What are we going to do about it?" statement from me.

The daily Bible reading had me in Exodus chapter 1:8-14:
Then a new king, to whom Joseph meant nothing, came to power in Egypt.
"Look," he said to his people, "the Israelites have become far too numerous for us.
Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous…"
Who we elect as our nation's governing rulers matters.

Joseph and his God meant NOTHING to this King, except a threat.

Who we elect as our nation's governing authorities matters.  If we don't elect government officials, who remember and respect how this nation was founded, to whom moral values mean something, we won't be that nation anymore.

Tough questions:
Do the generations who are following us want to be a different nation or are a minority of voices with an agenda changing the tide?
Are we too far gone?  (Never, never, never give up!)
Have we forsaken the responsibility to teach our children the importance of these things?

If we don't passionately pass on our heritage and our Judeo-Christian beliefs on to our children, there will not be leaders in the future, who hold to and govern with those beliefs.

WOW! I kid you not, right after typing this I opened an email from a friend, which took me to this video!  Please watch.

http://hawthornephoto.com/walk.htm

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?