A Truce


February 23
Today's church sign quote is "Truce is stronger than friction."  Boy did I ever see that play out in real life yesterday.  We were greeters at church and a short sarcastic comment made to us made me bristle up.  It was definitely a dart from the devil.  In less than a minute, God sent a woman, who had already gone into church ten minutes earlier, back outside. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hearty thank you for a simple note I  had written.  I gave her a deer in the headlights look, for little did she know she was being Christ to me.  I told her what had just happened and how I was about to fall into the temptation of taking on a not too pleasant attitude, but her kind words and hug brought me back to my senses.  God is flat out amazing y'all!  He knows not only every beat of our hearts, but every thought we have before it even crosses our minds.  I was blown away by His presence.

My memory verse for this week is Joel 2:13…Return to the Lord your God for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

That is the exact equipping I needed yesterday…to be so in the Lord that no matter what smacked me in the face I would be
#1) gracious
#2) merciful
#3) slow to anger
#4) abounding in steadfast love for all!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?