H.A.L.T.

I'm sympathizing with how our oldest grandson felt at this photo shoot!
February 6
I really don't have time to write this morning, but I am halting here before Jesus.
God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed Charles Stanley's devotional before me yesterday, suggesting we be aware of our mental state. I had never seen the "H.A.L.T." acronym before.
"The acronym “H.A.L.T.” stands for hungry, angry, lonely, and tired—four states in which we will likely make poor choices. When considering options, it is well worth waiting until a better time.
Our choices determine our direction, so consider carefully how you make decisions. Scripture is clear that we see dimly (1 Cor. 13:12); God alone views the whole picture. It is vital, therefore, to rely upon His wisdom, truth, and direction every time we select an option before us."

All four of those states had entered my world yesterday, because I had over committed myself and believing Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," was going it alone!

The hunger was the easiest to overcome with some healthy chocolate a friend gave me for my birthday!
Then emailing a cherished friend, I began to angrily unload about the aloneness and exhaustion.  Fortunately, after typing ferociously, I deleted the text, cried out to God and instead asked my friend for prayer.  I felt guilty for even asking for prayer, knowing she has more reason to be closer to the end of her rope than I do. She wrote back reminding me it's a privilege to pray for one another!

Poor God, did I ever unload on Him yesterday.  I vowed to just keep the details between the two of us and not burden my husband, but instead be sure I was showered, dressed nicely and in Boojoyful mode when he walked through the door.  Bless his heart!  His day was equally as drastic!  He threw out the idea of us both just disappearing and not telling anyone where we'd gone!  Little did he know I was already in a Runaway Bunny state of mind.

With his insisting I share first, I let it all out.  Then after sharing his story, I said, "Let's pray!"  "Oh, no! There's more he said."  The hour flew by and then he headed back into his hole (as we call it).  "Wait!" Let's pray."  By the time he reached his office we had BOTH had answers to prayer waiting on our computers/phones!  Specific answers beyond belief!  Praise the Lord!!!!

Today, I still have more on my plate than I can fathom getting accomplished. I don't want to answer my  phone or go online, as I fear the needs others may have and me not being able to say "no."  Opening another devotional it is as if God is saying, "Baby Girl, sometimes you need help."

The important thing is that in all that we do, we reflect Christ.  The verses in the devotional I just read have spoken volumes to me.  Tomorrow we are fortunate to be hosting a ministry event here.  While I want the house to look nice, the food to be amazing, and some creative niceties to uplight the leaders who are coming here, it is most important that I be in a state of mind to love these people well.  To do that I must remember.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Galatians 5:22-23

By their fruits you will know them.
Matthew 7:20

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit itself, 
unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
John 15:4

These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you,
and that your joy may be full.
John 15:11

Will you please pray for us today?  We need the fruit of the Spirit, wisdom, strength, cakes and cookies not to burn  (Ha), groceries to fall out of heaven, our time to be multiplied, to not become resentful and to prioritize in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?