Portion

Ready for April showers.
March 19
A friend emailed this precious message, which sent me on a portion hunt!  She writes:
"I was praying this morning asking God to let me have a tiny piece of understanding of his sacrifice. He gave me the word PORTION!  Then I read SRT for today.  The author wrote: 'Jesus knew we would struggle to grasp the weight of his sacrifice and the fullness of forgiveness.'  Oh!  How I would love to get a deep understanding of His sacrifice.  Portion can be connected to so many things, one moment at a time, one day at a time, one sentence at a time, one word at a time, etc. Don't worry about tomorrow, for we have God to give us our portion to understand."

Being inspired by what God had placed on her heart, I  went to the dictionary. One of the definitions for portion was... a part of a whole.  Don't you love how that pertains to the Body of Christ!  We are a part of Him and a part of one another!

Praying for God to be our portion this day!
The Lord is my portion, therefore I wait for him.  Lamentations 3:24

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.  Psalm 16:5

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  
Psalm 73:26

You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words.  Psalm 105:11

I cry to you, Lord, I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." Psalm 142:5

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?