Samson, Oh, Samson

March 25
In my current read through the Bible program, I landed on the story of Samson yesterday and it has stayed with me.  After all the tests he gave Delilah on her trustworthiness, which she failed one after another, why did he finally give in and tell her the secret of his strength?  Wake up fellow! How could you have been so blind?  It cost you your sight and the position in which God had placed you.

God, where have I been that gullible? Immediately, God referenced multiple times I have allowed people to come into our home and steal from us again and again.  Sorry Samson, I was too quick to judge. Ha, he also clued me in to the years as a high school Sunday school teacher when I thought the girls liked to hang around me because they looked up to me…nope they were hoping to get a look at our five sons!

Going to Gotquestions.org, I wanted to see if there were other lessons to be learned.  Here are some great points…
"There are many valuable lessons we can glean from the story of Samson and Delilah.  Though born with unbelievable potential, Samson forfeit his life because of sin. The lesson for us is that , the deeper we allow ourselves to be influenced by the glamour and allurement of sin, the more blind we become.  We must heed the stern warning: 
"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  Proverbs 4:23

Praise God, Samson turned his heart back to God before he died. God forgave him and granted his final wish and went on to name in the Hall of Faith.  Hebrews 11:32

Open our eyes Lord to the traps laid before us.  Direct us away from destructive relationships. Keep us humble and remembering that our strength is in You.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?