What Cha Thinkin Bout

March 6

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"
 declares the Lord.  
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9

We will be driving along in silence and I'll turn to my husband and say, "What cha thinkin' bout?"  More often than not, we are thinking about earthly issues or desires, for we are not capable of calculating God sized thoughts.  It excites me that heaven is beyond our wildest imagination!

We've had a couple of our grandchildren here for the week and the oldest one had the privilege of attending kindergarten one day, where his Papa is the Head of School.  That day happened to be Career Day for the students and the kindergarteners were to dress up in a costume of what they want to be when they grow up.  While I have an extensive dress up inventory,  the life time dreams of begin Peter Pan or a dog, pirate, clown, Indian, cowboy, lobster, or butterfly were not very realistic.  The professional race car driver won out.  Our granddaughter stayed home with me and was content to be Tinker Bell.

May we all be "thinking' 'bout" being pleasing in God's sight and excited that our life long position of heir to The King, is yet to come!

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 
Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home 
and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  
Deuteronomy 6:6-7

After studying the Mosaic Law for several weeks, I must say I am elated to not have to "think bout" teaching my children and grandchildren all those laws!  Praise God for Jesus and the New Testament!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?