Follow Through


April 13
From the time I was 10-16 years of age, tennis was my passion. It was a family tradition!  We had a court in our back yard and in high school my girlfriend and I had an indoor tennis time during the winter at 6:30 AM before school!  The key to a successful shot in tennis is your follow through stroke.  Once you contact the ball, you have to continue your swing for accuracy.  Our there year old granddaughter is nailing it in this photo!

In my shower time the other day, which is where I hear from God the most frequently, "Follow through," boomed in my mind.  I knew exactly to what the message pertained.  Once again, God has placed a ministry opportunity before me and it will require commitment.  Once again, I've begun my old habit of bargaining with him.  Is this just a test Lord?  If I contact these people will they not be interested and I don't really have to invest the time?  What a dummy I am!  God's plans are always the best and it is best to follow through in obedience.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?