Give Me Your Eyes

May 1
Whew!  Sometimes Jesus is so close you want to bust from being in his presence and it's too surreal to describe to another how the pieces all fell together.  The other day God took a combo of resources to teach me to look at the world  with His eyes.
Brandon Heath, singing his hit song, "Give Me Your Eyes" was the first "Sit down and listen with your heart" moment God used to grab my attention. Check out this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5AkNqLuVgY

The second piece of this spiritual journey was found in a She Reads Truth email and is pretty deep. It's a quote from Mike Mason, who wrote Mystery of Marriage.
"If man really is fashioned, more than anything else, in the image of God, then clearly it follows that there is nothing on earth so near to God as a human being.  The conclusion is inescapable, that to be in the presence of even the meanest, lowest, most repulsive specimens of humanity in the world is still to be closer to God than when looking up into a starry sky or at a beautiful sunset."

The third piece of what God was teaching me was a "Renovare" spiritual exercise, which I had been called to focus on that week.
"Take God with you wherever you go.  During the next few days make an special effort to be a 'tabernacle' where God dwells.  Cooperate with God to bring good wherever you walk-in the park, in your home, in your church-by praying for those you meet."

Before I had accepted that assignment, I had been stopped dead in my tracks, as I realized I had walked within feet of a young man weed eating a neighbor's yard and I didn't even notice him. Immediately, when the conviction occurred I went back and spoke to him.  Heading to the grocery store that same day, this exercise illuminated the silhouettes of the bodies in the aisles and at check out counter in ways I had never experienced. They had VALUE.  Not only were they God's handy work, they had been purposed to bear God's actual image. At one point, after engaging a woman serving me from behind the deli counter in conversation, tears dripped down my cheeks. (That's another whole story.)

We have so far to go, concerning this job walking through life for Jesus. I thank God, for all he teaches me in such a loving manner.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?