Rainy Days are OK



April 30
Discussing college campus visits with some friends, my husband said, "Just pray for a sunny day. Things always look better in the sunshine."  Reading over some student comments on the topic "What I Like About School" one student wrote, "I like school better on sunny days."
Before heading to Nashville to baby sit, I had looked ahead at the weather forecast and seen that rain was on the horizon, so I grabbed a couple really cute umbrellas and tossed them in my car.  When the "rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down," as A. A. Milne wrote so many years ago, we decided to go outside in our pajamas and embrace it.  We talked about leaves being umbrellas for birds and the blades of grass giggling as the raindrops tickled and refreshed them.  Most importantly we thanked God for the rain and went outside and enjoyed the puddles.

I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.
Leviticus 26:4

He provides rain for the earth; he sends water on the countryside.
Job 5:10

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?