Wake to New Things


April 6
God is always doing a new thing. Listen to God speak to us through the prophet Isaiah.
"See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare' before they spring into being I announce them to you."  Isaiah 42:9

"See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 43:19

"You have heard these things; look at them all. Will you not admit them?  'From now on I will tell you of new things, of hidden things unknown to you.'" Isaiah 48:6

See if you can follow my mindset in what God is teaching me concerning growing older and the importance of passing on leadership.

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, 
not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 
Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 
to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, 
so that no one will malign the word of God."  
Titus 2:3-5

It hit me! I'm not thirty!  I'm the older woman Paul refers to in the book of Titus.  It's time to pass the torch and be intentional in training up younger leaders in our churches and our women's Bible studies. We should pray fervently and support the ministries and Christian schools bringing the Gospel to our youth.  This link came to my email and I got excited for all the Christian summer camp experiences awaiting young people around the world.  They are the future of our faith.  How are we investing in them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e33zCUm1ZnY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?