God is There- Pregnancy

May 28
The next two days I want to share a journey, which for some we have learned is a taboo topic.  Our daughter has struggled with infertility issues and recently had her third miscarriage. While the journey is incredibly painful God is faithful to walk with us in that pain. My hope is that the verses God supplied for us, will bless you or someone you know.

Upon learning that once again our daughter was pregnant, these first two verses are what popped up on Biblegateway.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before they came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts God!  How vast is the sum of them!
Psalm 139:13-17

Just as you'll never understand the mystery of life forming in a pregnant woman, 
so you'll never understand the mystery at work in all that God does.   Ecclesiastes 11:5

Reading these verses,  I was certain our daughter would be able to carry this baby.

She decided even though people say you shouldn't share about your pregnancy until you get through your first trimester, she wanted people praying for this baby.  A close friend of mine and powerful prayer warrior sent this verse:

"For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."
Zephaniah 3:17 

Another emailed…"the joy of the Lord is my strength" (Nehemiah 8:10) and said, "I'm praying that His joy will rise up in her and as it does she and the baby will feel His mighty strength."

By this time we were confident God was going to see this pregnancy through!
To be continued...

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?