Notice Me!

Hunting Easter Eggs 

May 8
Having an egg hunt for youngsters is so much fun.  You want them to succeed and offer hints.  "You're hot!  Not that way! Look down. Where does a bird build it's nest?  Do you see a bush?"  God wants us to succeed in living the life he purposed for us, so he gives clues.
Most often I hear from Him when I'm in the shower.  My assumption is this occurs because there are no distractions there. The cleansing process is a reminder of my need to daily confess my sins, which is an excellent prerequisite for hearing from God.  The other day the phrase "Notice me" came to mind.  I stopped shampooing and repeated the words out loud.

It could mean so many things.
Notice God and what he is up to.
There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work." 
                                                                                                            1 Corinthians 12:6
Notice others, who need to be loved.
"A new command I give you: Love one another, As I have loved you, so you must love one another."
John 13:34
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself.  Leviticus 19:18

Reject the need to be noticed by the world's standards.
"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.  The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"  1 Samuel 16:7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?