I am for Joy!

June 8
Walking out of a post office one day a lady said, "Is your name Joy?"  I was baffled at first and then she pointed to the license plate on my car.  Ha Ha! " No, I replied my favorite scripture verse is 1 Thessalonians 5:16  Be joyful always!"
The plate is an accountability tool.  Another day in the Kroger parking lot a young woman commented,  "I like your license plate."  I needed the reminder, as I'd just left the checkout line, frustrated by they lack of joy in the check-out girl.  One grumble bumble can take you down quickly.  Our joy is not dependent on our circumstances, but on what our Savior has done for us!

Today's verse on Biblegateway is an excellent correlation:
Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen. Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted, Though the sheep pens are sheep less and the cattle barns empty, I', singing joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God. Counting on God's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain!
Habakkuk 3:19 MSG

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?