Snappy



June 26
When these sweet grands were visiting last month Papa brought home a turtle he found in the road. They named him Snappy and caring for him brought them great joy. They took him out for walks a couple times a day. In the last photo they are sitting patiently in the rain as they watch him stretch his legs!
Sitting in the hospital this past week with my father in law, watching his 91 year old body try to recover from complications after surgery due to a fall; and staying in contact with our son in the hospital in Puerto Rico, as we patiently awaited his blood and hydration levels improving to where he could be discharged home to Tampa has taken lots of patience. It's been similar to Snappy out on a walk.

While we were in shock the first few days, our minds finally acclimated to the situation and we were able to trust in the Lord and believe He is always up to good.  Now we are looking beyond the obvious and asking God to show us where he is at work.  We've made some wonderful ICU friendships that will last a life time!  Deke's father remains there in stable condition.

The Lord is my strength an my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?