The Note Hunt


June 24
As a child, my two favorite activities to do with my grandmother were Easter egg hunts (year round) and coloring together.  Monday night, even though we were at the hospital, I told the Bible study ladies to let themselves in and have study at our home.  We arrived home before they departed and got to say a quick hello.  They cleaned up all their dishes and headed for home, so we could head to bed. Remembering I had started a load of laundry 5 days and forgotten about it, I texted a couple of the ladies and asked if they would start the wash over. I headed down to see if it needed to be placed in they dryer and there on my dryer was a sweet note and Psalm 91 "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord-'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.'"  Psalm 57:1b "I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed."
Next I came upstairs to the bathroom and there was another note! "The Lord is My Protector. God is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; He won't leave you. Don't' be intimidated. Don't worry."   Deuteronomy 31:8
Entering the kitchen, another note was on the kitchen table. "Be merciful to me Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my should and body with grief."  Psalm 31:9

By now I realized these sweet woman had covered our home in notes of encouragement! It was better than an Easter egg hunt. I don't know when anything has been more of a soothing balm to my soul!
I will NEVER ever forget this kindness!


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?