Armour Hot Dogs

July 13
One thing I've watched the past few days, while we've had five young children in the house, is how quickly they imitate one another in word and action.  Unfortunately, while I was serving hot dogs one day, my husband started singing an old hot dog commercial jingle.

"Hot dogs, Armour hotdogs.  What kind of kids eat Armour hot dogs?
 Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks.
 Tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox
 Love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs. The dogs kids love to bite."

Oh, my goodness!  They can't stop singing this and it certainly is not acceptable this day and time.

Our granddaughter, on the other hand was struggling to untangle a fishing rod mess and said, "Oh, Lord!"  Later, when I said, "Help me Lord," I realized I call out to him on a regular basis and she had picked up on this!

Our daughter was donning a really cute cover-up, Kool sunglasses and 2 very attractive dresses over the weekend and I found myself wanting to imitate her style!

Paul addresses whom we are to imitate in 1 Thessalonians 1:5-6 MSG
"You paid careful attention to the way we lived among you, and determined to live that way yourselves.  In imitating us, you imitated the Master. Although heart trouble accompanied the Word, you were able to take great joy from the Holy Spirit!-taking the trouble with the joy, the joy with the trouble."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?