Set Apart

July 27
Recently, I had a discussion with some godly women on the Biblical challenge we have before us to be set-apart.  In addition to our day to day behavior being identified as quite different, maybe even strange, our minds certainly need to be set apart from the way the world thinks.  

"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on things of the Spirit.  Romans 8:5

Looking back to a prayer journal a few weeks ago when we were in crisis mode related to some family illnesses I asked the Lord..."What is my mind set upon...things of the flesh or things of the Spirit?  Calm my heart and give me wisdom.  Take way any resentment I might have towards others and their roles in this scenario.  Father, if I'm honest, I think part of my reactions have been related to fear...Use this situation for Your glory. Make us a beacon of light and hope for so many involved whom don't know you. And help us to learn from these painful situations.  At the end of each day, may we see where you have been glorified and lifted up.  In Jesus Name, Amen."

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?