These are the Words I Would Say


In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
1 Peter 1:6-7


August 29-30
This has been a whammy of a week for us.  Beyond the shootings, you'd never believe me if I shared the totally unrelated pain, total despair, grief and fear we have walked through with nine others.
By Friday, we were saying "Come back Jesus!"
Walking on Thursday morning I plugged into some music and this song ministered to my spirit.
I hope you find solace in the words of this song by Sidewalk Prophets.
The music is beautiful.

It's called "These are the Words I Would Say"

I love all of you and Deke and I have prayed this morning over each of the situations those of you have shared this week, but these lyrics this morning are dedicated to Deke's godson and his wife, who  lost their precious baby daughter Monday, two weeks before her delivery date.
Please know you are loved and that sweet child is with Jesus.  Our hearts ache deeply with you and all of your family.

Lyrics
Three in the morning, and I'm still awake, so I picked up a pen and a page
And I started writing just what I'd say If we were face to face.

I'd tell you just what you mean to me, tell you these simple truths.
Chorus
Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope
You're gonna do great things I already know 
God's got His hand on you so don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray, these are the words I would say.

Last time we spoke you said you were hurting and I felt your pain in my heart
want to tell thou that I keep on praying that love will find you where you are

I know cause I've already been there so please hear these simple truths.

Be strong in the Lord and never give up hope
You're gonna do great things I already know 
God's got His hand on you so don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray, these are the words I would say.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?