Turn Your Face

Our daughter, Jiewon's, self-portrait painted from the perspective of looking to God.

August 24

Just the other day, I was telling a friend about a time when God told me to turn my face from one person, whom I felt was on the attack towards me,  to another person in the room and I would see who the real accuser was.  Oh, how often we "get it wrong" when we are left to our own understanding.
A couple hours later I opened my email and there was this verse from a godly, godly woman.

Turn us again to yourself, O God.  Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved.
Psalm 80:3

We need to take the example of our fore fathers and keep turning our face towards God and seeking His face for understanding.

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:8

The Psalms and Proverbs are filled with David and Solomon's thoughts on understanding.  Just plug the word understanding into Biblegateway.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which SURPASSES all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?