Afloat

Love this cute face!
September 10
"I just want it to be over!" These are words I've recently heard from four friends in varying battles.  Listening to their stories made me think of various waiting scenarios we face in life.
I just want this chemo to be over!
I just want this illness to be over!
I just want this infertility battle to be over!
I just want the hurt of this grief to be over!
I just want this child's rebellion to be over!
I just want this class to be over!
I just want this unemployment to be over!
I just want these financial woes to be over!
I just want this legal battle to be over!
Ugh, for some it might be...I just want this marriage to be over!

I thought about David's pleas to the Lord.
"How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?  How long will you hide your face from me?"
Psalm 13:1
"My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long?"  Psalm 6:3

Jesus is our life preserver! He keeps us afloat in the wait of life!

Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior."  Psalm 42:5


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?