Body Battles



September 11
The night before a friend went into open heart surgery, I opened Jesus Calling and read:

"Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day, but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.  On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance...You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of disappointment. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day.  Trust Me by relying on My empowering presence."

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."   Jeremiah 31:25

That same day a younger sister in Christ wrote requesting prayer. She was weary.
Here was the prayer I emailed her. May it bring you comfort this day.

Father, shower your love on my sister and restore her weary soul. Make your presence known and assure her that her future holds good things; things she can't imagine which you are going to use to prosper her.  Fill her with hope and a peace which passes understanding. Guard her mind and help her take any detrimental discouraging thoughts captive.  Also, encamp encouragers around her and give her reason to laugh, for laughter is good for the soul.
Lord, we know you hear her cries Answer her Lord and make provisions for her heart's desire.  Father, we don't understand  Your ways, but we know you are good and love us immensely. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?