Everlasting Gobstopper

Oodles of Uncle Love.
Thanks for coming to visit.
September 29
If you've ever seen/read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then you've heard of a piece of candy called the everlasting Gobstopper.  The sales pitch is that you can suck on it forever.  The past two weeks I've experienced the Everlasting GODgiver.  Each time I reflect back with someone we see God's footprints right beside me.
This afternoon I told my god-daughter, who had come from NC to visit, that if God calls me home right now it is fine because the past two weeks with him have been magnificent.

Sitting in the therapy waiting room yesterday morning, my husband and I were discussing the reality of me returning home to the lake anytime soon.  Right across the room three people were talking about the great sermon they just heard at Shiloh. (We guessed that was their church.) Shiloh is the name of our property!  I told them they had no idea how God has just used them to bless us!  

The 8AM event was an occupational therapy evaluation. What a blessing to check off showering alone, getting off the potty and dressing myself.  When asked if I could reach behind and hook my bra, I explained I couldn't do that before so no need to worry.  While squeezing a contraption which measures my hand strength, the OT said, "That was awesome!"  I turned to my husband and said, "Actually, I just asked Jesus to help me with that one."  The therapist laughed and said, "I just asked Jesus to help me get through the traffic and get to work on time!"  

After our hour together, we set some goals and this sweet young woman looked at me and said, "Could I pray over you?"  The love of God poured out upon me as she prayed.  I wept as I prayed for her and thanked God for how fearfully and wonderfully he had created Bailey.  Time stood still, as I stated in that prayer that the moment God made her he knew he would use her skills, talents, compassion and faith to encourage a woman named Boo recovering from a stroke.  The Holy Spirit was in that small room and all three of us knew it.

We walked to the appointment desk and I was so thankful there was a box of tissues right there.  Rounding the corner into the waiting room, in a chair right by the exit door, was a disheveled man.  His head was bent down and at first glance your guess would be that he was  homeless.  As my husband reached for the doorknob the man looked up at me with the sweetest eyes and said, "Ma'am, you have a wonderful day." We stepped into the hallway where the elevators were located and knew we'd just experienced Jesus in either a homeless man or an angel.  We were speechless and felt we had truly been standing on holy ground the past hour.

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are
discerned only through the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.
Psalm 52:8

It's week three of this marathon recovery, which some tell me could take over a year to fully complete.  That thought is daunting, but focusing on "today" and the fact that God is my personal trainer and this is as much a spiritual training ground as a physical one allows me to "Be Joyful Always!"

Two years ago today I laid in the bed beside my Daddy and watched him exit this world to eternity with Jesus.  One year ago we welcomed our youngest granddaughter who began her life here.  Happy Birthday Maddix.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?