Unwholesome Talk

September 20
I rolled over yesterday morning to hold hands with my sweet husband sleeping on a cot by my hospital bed. How hard it will be to say good-bye to him today. (News Flash, I talked him into one more night. We had a romantic 37th anniversary dinner from PF Changs and the sweet nurses are allowing him on the bed with me and putting a do not disturb sign from 9-5!  How sweet is that.

I asked Deke to read me the Biblegateway verse for the day yesterday and it's perfect for a stroke victim!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:29

Therapy began. My therapist walked in and said, "Hi, I'm Debbie. I see you are from VA. Where exactly?" "Smith Mt Lake," I replied. Smiling she said, "I just got back from there yesterday!"
I expressed to Debbie my fear that these uncontrollable emotions which come over me would be a problem when encouraging/counseling others.  She was quite honest that depending where in the brain the problem was they might  not get better. Silently I prayed.  Fifteen minutes later God answered those prayers.

Betty Ashton brought her harp to minister to us.  As she played, God gave her a new song with the lyric..."I make all things new. I can make this beautiful." Sitting beside us listening was my new, young friend, Tammy, who has just had her leg amputated.  She tapped along with her good foot!
Betty Ashton, Deke and I were able to team up and minister to Tammy.

Moments after that a young, precious neurologist friend of our daughters came to visit and encourage us.  As she shared about her two young children with serious illnesses we were hugging and crying and the Spirit gave me the words to pray over her!!

The evening ended with two more precious opportunities.  A mother whose son is battling cancer and a nurse sharing how she lost all three sons she delivered after full term pregnancies within 30 hours of birth.

I found myself longing for home, to be able to swim and romp with our grandchildren, drive a car....then God said.  Stop thinking of what you can't do and concentrate on what I have for you to do at this time!  There was such peace in those thoughts.

A man's steps are directed by the Lord.  How then can anyone understand his own way?  
Proverbs 20:24

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:17-18


Tried to pick up my camera today and it was SOOO heavy.  The occupational therapist puts some weights in my hands and said, "We are going to conquer this!"

Thanks for all the kind texts, emails and PRAYERS.

By My Side- Jesus, Deke, Betty Ashton, Lulu N-Andrea/Sandi PT-Tom  OT-Chelsea ST-Teresa

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?