Come Near To God

One of our dogwoods is showing off her new fall attire.
Shaking her tail feathers before she becomes naked.
The scripture sign below her reminds us to take the initiative if we want to be near God.
October 28
Sarah Young writes in Jesus Calling: "True confidence comes from knowing you are complete in My Presence.  Everything you need has its counterpart in Me."

We've been blessed to be part of a an exciting church plant the past three years.  This Sunday was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives as we were able to "Come near to God" with an estimated 800 people in our new church building on the top of a hill, surrounded by God's majestic mountains here in rural Franklin County, VA.  If you Google Burnt Chimney, VA you won't find much, but it is the site of where God has done and is doing a mighty work and we give him thanks and praise.  Please come visit CrossPointe sometime.



"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, 
not lacking anything."
James 1:4

I'll be honest, there are days I'm growing weary of this journey.  The biggest frustration comes from what I see my husband have to endure in his care and concern for my well being.  Our temptation is to pack up shop here at Shiloh and move to a much simpler life, but I keep going back to the advice of one of my therapist at St Thomas who said, " Do not make any major decisions this year."  So, I will write up James 1:4 on a sticky note and persevere.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1