Insatiable Appetite

These two sweet things drove 10 hours to be with me!
Oh, how I hated to say good-bye.

October 2
I have an insatiable appetite for God's Word.  There truly is no activity I enjoy more, because time and time again God  proves to me he knows absolutely everything I am up to!
Paul David Tripp's devotional book "New Morning Mercies" blew me away as I read back over some entries I had missed during my hospital stay.  Thanking the Lord my headaches are gone and I am able to read!  Check out what I gained from his September 25th entry.

Discouragement focuses more on the broken glories of creation than on 
the restoring glories of God's character, presence, and promises.

"What captures your mind controls your thoughts and dominates the desires of your heart....Biblical faith looks reality in the face and does not flinch....it examines reality, but it makes the Lord its meditation."

David knew God in this way.  Here are some of his words I want to memorize.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, 
for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, 
for to you I entrust my life.
Psalm 143:8

Now I don't care you who are, that is down right yummy!

God did it again yesterday, showed up and blessed my bootie off!  For my occupational therapy, I wanted to go alone into Target.  Jiewon was close by sitting in the store's StarBucks.  On the way into the store a young woman, whom I met three years ago and adored, was walking in at the same time!  We were both blown away to see each other. When I met her she had just lost her dad and I was able to pray over her.  Now she's bringing us dinner Saturday night!

Checking out of the store, I had numerous yummy Archer Farm pumpkin snacks in my cart. The check out girl, Jenna, shared that she'd tried them and they were delicious.  I told her I was taking them to the EMS team who had helped me 2 1/2 weeks ago.  She said she hoped I was OK. I said, "God has been all over me! He's such a blessing."  Her reply...."Oh, yes. He not only came to give life, He came to give it abundantly!"  I felt like I'd been to church right there in Target!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1