The Door

October 11
Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, 
I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Revelation 3:20 

This is the beautiful entrance to our daughter's home.  It is always so welcoming. She and her husband have offered hospitality without grumbling for a month now!

While my communication with the Lord, in the first week, was mainly a crying out for courage, trust, and strength, now I'm in listening mode asking for wisdom and understanding.

"Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.
Many are the plans of a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19:20-21

As I quieted myself for my morning nap yesterday, I asked the Lord to speak.  Here is what I heard:

"Don't go before Me. Go with Me. This is a partnership."

One piece of advice I received from  my speech therapist at St Thomas Midtown, whom I admired greatly, was "Do not make any major decisions this year."  She explained, "The way your brain feels right now is not how it will in a year!"  So no major planning on the horizon for me, just a day by day listening for God's voice and stepping out with him each day into his plans. Those can be exciting enough!

Last night I asked my husband, who has made the drive to Nashville once again, "What do you think God has planned next?"  His enthusiastic reply, "Oh, He's up to something!"

If He knocks on the door of your heart, open it!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1