Bruiser


November 3

We love bulldogs and miss our ole Moses so much.  He would be such good company for me right now. (A puppy would be a lot of work.)  Deke caught me looking at bulldog puppies online when I was in Nashville.  He said, "If we got one what would we name it?"  We laughed and laughed as we reeled off possibilities.  Bruiser was our favorite.
Now this line of thinking was well before Plavix had been prescribed.  I crawled into bed in a short nightgown one night and both of us gasped as we saw the back of my legs.  Nasty, nasty, black and blue bruises.  Whew, so glad it's not bathing suit weather! (Although that's not a pretty sight even without bruises.

While I know Paul's context does not refer to beauty and muscle tone, this verse has come to mind several times in this recovery process.  If you want to dig deeper into Romans 12:1 Check out John Piper on Desiring God.

Romans 12:1 states:  Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship. 


The passage goes on to say, in verse 2: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.

I've had a couple rough days physically. One, appears to have been related to side effects from the medication. Yesterday was simply because I was dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.  Way over did.  I need to allow some mind renewing (or good senseto transform me! God definitely has a good, pleasing and perfect will for my life and my body can be a living sacrifice whatever the shape.  I just need to be a better listener.  Hmm, maybe a brindle bulldog puppy would keep me home and out of trouble.

Jesus Calling had some appropriate advice last night:  "A yielded heart does not whine or rebel when the going gets rough.  It musters the courage to thank Me even during hard times.  Yielding yourself to My will is ultimately an act of trust. " In quietness and trust is your strength.  Isaiah 30:15



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?