Comfort


November 14-15
My husband is an early bird...we're talking... out of bed by 3:30-4:30AM every morning.  In an attempt to not awaken me, he takes pillows and stuffs them alongside me so that I think he is still there beside me.  Such a comfort and it works!

Listening to the news unfold concerning the attacks in Paris last night, comfort for the injured,  scared and grieving was in the forefront of my prayers.  Many of you know our daughter, Jiewon, who has lived in Paris, while working on her doctorate.  We are so thankful to be able to share that she returned to the US in August.  Her heart is heavy for the French people, whom she sincerely loves.  The neighborhood where the attack occurred on the cafe was right where she lived a few years ago.

Listening last night, to her explain her mindset, the reality of how our eternal destination can be established for us in an instance rang out.  She said it was surreal to be praying for the hostages in the theatre in real time.  A spiritual heart beat for Jesus is lacking in that nation. Jiewon digested the hard truth that not all those who died last night are in heaven.  The option for a last minute decision for Christ was not afforded to all.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4 


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1