Pretending to Be Normal

November 23
How perfect is this notepad gift from a girlfriend!
That's where I am, trying to figure out how to live day to day without getting exhausted.
The Lord's Day was amazing yesterday. This Meredith Andrews song was a perfect way for me to worship the Lord remembering, "Not For A Moment will He forsake me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoh26pC2RT8

Coming home I stuck a turkey sandwich in my mouth and then sawed zzzzzzz's for 2 hours.  I laid low the remainder of the day knowing our church dedication service for our new building was at 6:30.  Words can't describe the worship and praise that took place in that building last night.  One of those unforgettable moments in the Presence of the Lord.
The heart monitor I wear is geared in a way that when I feel a change in my heart I push a button on the battery pack. Then on a separate communicator you select from an activity list what you were doing at that time.  They need to add...PRAISING THE LORD! My heart had to be all over the place.  After almost two hours there I was once again exhausted.

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth; be jubilant, shout for joy, an sing.
Psalm 98:4
Yesterday a doctor friend asked how I was doing. He said, whatever you are going to get back will happen in the first year. Then that's it, so work hard, but rest well too!

One of our house guests shared that his medical partner had a stroke of unknown cause at 62 years old.  Three months later he had another stroke.  That was a subtle reminder to stay cautiously aware of how I'm feeling.

As we enter this week of Thanksgiving consider C.H. Surgeon's quote:

"May gratitude to God permeate my entire life."

Father, I thank you for this new normal, for it has brought me closer to you than I have ever been.

Enter with the password: "Thank you!" Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him.  For God is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.
Psalm 100:4-5 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

Marriage Matters #1