Psalm 34


November 24
Psalm 34 sets us on the right path for praising the Lord.
I will praise the Lord at all times.    v.1
I will boast in the Lord.                    v.2
Let us exalt His name together.        v.3
Taste and see that the Lord is good. v.8
Come, children, listen to me.            v.11

Doing an exercise in SRT on Psalm 34, it calls upon us to...
                                "Make a list of how God cares for his children."
Verse 4           He answers me.  He delivers me.
Verse 5           He makes me radiant with joy.
Verse 6           He hears me and saves me.
Verse 7           He rescues me.
Verse 9 +10    He sees that I lack no good thing.
Verse 15         His ears are open to me.
Verse 18         He is near when I am broken hearted.
                       He saves me when my spirit is crushed.
Verse 20         He protects me.
Verse 22         He redeems me.

In part of the exercise we are to write a Response to God.  I wrote:
Father, to receive all these fabulous, relational provisions fro you requires action on our part.  We must taste and see that you are good, we must come and listen to you, and we must turn away from evil and do what is good; seek peace and pursue it.
In a world laden with illness and evil there are those too angry to turn to You.  How I pray that they change their hearts, fall on their faces and acknowledge the love of Christ that is waiting for them.

I thank You for delivering me from the depths of this stroke and for making me radiant (well, close) with joy in the simplicity of life right now.  Continue to heel my brain, renew my stamina  moment by moment ad equip me to serve you in the capacity which you have on the agenda for today.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?